1. Cooking Sushi Rice- Add Sushi Rice into a deep pan and wash very gently, washing the rice numerous times until water becomes clear. Drain the water. Add 2.5 cups of water, bring to the boil and simmer for 15mins with lid on. Turn off the heat and leave for 10 mins to cool.
2. Place cooked rice into a bowl and add 80mL sushi vinegar (not rice vinegar). Mix well but never press or push (refer to video). Use magazine or fan to cool it down. Then use a wet tea towel and cover the bowl to avoid it drying.
3. Cut lettuce and cucumber, slice carrot into julienne, brand spinach and avocado. Cut Salmon.
4. Cut chicken breast. Heat up pan and add grape seed oil. Add chicken and stir until cooked.
5. Add Mirin and Soy Sauce to chicken and simmer until liquid is reduced to create teriyaki chicken. Place chicken on plate.
6. Place a single nori sheet onto sushi mat horizontally rather than the traditional vertical style (to create smaller pieces which are easier to eat when cut).
7. Take a handful of sushi rice and place onto nori sheet. Spread rice evenly on nori, leaving 3 cm space on the top and making sure rice fully covers from side to side.
8. Place fillings in the middle, and use technique in the video to roll. Wet knife before cutting. Slice sushi roll to desired size with a sharp non-serrated chef’s knife. Repeat step s 6-8 with any sushi fillings.