1. Preheat oven to 190ºC.
2. Wash sweet potatoes then remove ends and cut into big, chunky wedges. Place in a mixing bowl.
3. Drizzle potatoes with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
4. Place wedges on a baking tray lined with baking paper and cook for about 40 minutes, or until wedges are soft on the inside and browning.
5. Meanwhile, combine all dipping sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Season to taste with salty and ground white pepper and transfer to serving bowl.
6. Remove wedges from oven and transfer to serving board or platter. Serve with dipping sauce.